Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tidbit

Here is a funny story that has no real relevance but just thought I would share.

The other day I bought children's books to practice my reading. One book is a compilation of Andersen's Fairy Tales. I thought I'd take it on the metro to read during my trip downtown. I get on the train and settle in with my book and am getting pretty into it and excited b/c I understand a lot of it. Well of course on the very next stop a young man, maybe in high school, gets on and sits next to me with his book in English. Ah how funny we are both practicing reading a foreign language. EXCEPT what is he reading?? Shakespeare!!! Here I am with my Little Mermaid book and colorful pictures dancing across the pages and he's reading Shakespeare!! Bubble...bursted. I put my book quickly away and had a little chuckle to myself about how funny that must have looked. 


No comments: