Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

The last couple weeks have been such a whirlwind! My parents have been here since April 15th and we have been going non-stop. I have LOTS to blog about but have no time! I will try to get updated in the next few days. I leave for Germany for a friend's wedding on Saturday so will hopefully have a lot of time on the plane to write. Here are some highlights though:

Group lunch with my Ayi (housekeeper)- menu features include Chicken feet (!), some sort of crunchy, mini lake-shrimp and questionable tofu. Nonetheless it was wonderful and I served as interpreter for our group of 5. Hmm....

Hangzhou- beautiful lakes outside of Shanghai but sadly interrupted when our minivan driver hit a woman in the street (she ended up just having minor injuries). That brings my car accident total while in China to 3 in less than 3 months!

Xishuangbanna (Yunnan Province, Southern China)- Quite possibly one of the most diverse and interesting places I have ever been. Xishuangbanna (she-shwang-ban-Na) is in the southern province of Yunnan near the Thai, Laos and Burmese borders. The region is home to many minority people of China and, like Tibet, is an Autonomous region but that is where the similarities end.

Much more to come!!

-Nicole

No comments: